Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center

After years of avoiding The Book of Mormon, I finally saw it in all of its glory today.  You see, the show was written by the writers of South Park, which I hate.  I also don't appreciate crude humor.  So you know, this show had everything I hate.  However, after seeing it, I was pleasantly surprised by just how funny it was. 

Oh, it's crude and rude, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell for laughing at most of it.  But it's also super creative, and super hilarious.  And the acting and choreography were amazing!  I'm always shocked by the people that enjoy this particular show.  There were so many different people there - old and young, democrats and republicans (seeing as we were in DC, I'm making that assumption...) And every last one of them was laughing their heads off at the ridiculousness of the story.

This right here, is why I just love theatre!  Also, why I totally loved Book of Mormon - and why I'll have a terribly offensive song stuck in my head for the foreseeable future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment