Pages

Sunday, November 12, 2017
Do you ever go into something thinking you're going to hate it and then come out thinking it was pretty amazing?  I love things like that.  It just shows that there's always a little surprise around every corner.  That happened twice this weekend, and in both instances it was about the theatre.

Yesterday, I was grumpy about having to travel all the way into Washington DC to see a show based on a movie that I've never seen: Mean Girls.  It sounded like a good idea when I bought the tickets, but I kept forgetting about it and there were other things I wanted to be doing instead.  However, I realized that the show was pretty adorable.  It reminded me a lot of Legally Blonde.  It wasn't going to change the world, but it was a fun way to spend 2.5 hours.  Also, it was trying to spread a message of kindness which I'm a huge fan of.

Then there was today, a show that I had no desire to see at all.  It was a community theatre production in a church basement.  I've not had great experiences in church basements, but I needed to go.  I think I've completely changed my mind on theatre performances in church basements.  It was hilarious!  I was stunned by the caliber of actors in the cast and even the production itself.  I'm so happy I went because who doesn't need a laugh on a gray November Sunday?

I can only hope that wonderful things continue to be just around the corner.  Friends make fun of me because of my optimism, however when things like this happen it's kind of hard not to be optimistic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment